Random thought on the occasion of Women's day!

I so very much know that "woman is the glory of creation" ...and the value that woman brings along with her on the planet earth. Beyond all the obvious projections of her being a so selfless.. Mother, Sister, Friend, Girlfriend, Daughter, and may be many more... I am forced to analyse it beyond all these manifestations... by taking some real life references and stark situations.


The idea behind the celebration of Women's Day was to showcase equality for women, but even now women are not treated with equality. Just the other day I was trying to get a rickshaw - already late for work and none of these miserable autorickshawwallahs were in sight. Five minutes pass. A triplet of college girls arrive to my left. Finally I see a rickshaw in sight and I'm waving at him like a madman. The SOB totally ignores me and stops for the females. And these females gladly step in and go off to their destination, which will probably be a college where they will sit outside and have a lovely chat about important issues such as lipstick and the 'red skirt that Neha wore yesterday'. Damn those females and damn the rickshaw guy. What was he thinking? “Oh! Let me ignore this guy, who seems really desperate for the rickshaw and let me drop these three females instead. Maybe they’ll pay me in kind for my amazingly good deed”. Woman equality… yeah right?

This isn’t one stray incident. Females get loads of favours every day, but none of them are reported in any newspaper. There is no bitching and moaning and raving and ranting. On the contrary, women will gladly accept the favour as if they earned it. It is not discrimination as long as you are the ones getting favours, right?

In buses sometimes men stand to give them seats. In fact in Mumbai, there are ‘BEST buses’ with seats reserved for women. If a male is sitting on one of these seats, women will stare at him as if he just passed a raunchy comment. If the staring doesn’t get the point across, they’ll verbally demand for the seat which they believe is their birth right. I’ll like to ask here, “You want to be treated as equals how about you act that way?” Why the double standards? We want the same job as men since we are equals but hey, that seat is reserved for me since I’m a female. These women live in a world of self-righteous delusion.


Also, what’s with the celebration when a female accomplishes something? She’s the first woman taxi driver. Oh! Good job! You know what’s amazing? Men have been doing the same thing for ages. I thought you wanted the job despite being a female, but when you get the job the first thing you flaunt is the fact that you are a female. Do everyone a favour, stop posing for photographs and get off the goddamn first page, everyone can see through your hypocrisy.


Some Facts.


Fact 1: It’s chivalrous to give a woman a seat.


Fact 2: It’s male chauvinism to think that a female is weaker than you.


Fact 3: Giving a female a seat shows that you can stand while she can’t.


From facts 1, 2 and 3 what’s the difference between chivalry and male chauvinism?



Strictly my opinion.. but I really second the thought that "women live in a world of self-righteous delusion" It is not discrimination as long as you are the ones getting favours, right?


PS: Part of the write-up is taken from JAM

Comments

Anonymous said…
its a motivational speech to men...
keep motivating us dude...

-
Rajeev
Anonymous said…
Manish plz dont mind but I had never come across an ignorent man like u..U really need to work on ur basics...

Call me if u need any help.

U know I m always for u..

Popular posts from this blog

Muhabbat ki ek aur Daastaan!

who said humanity

Premium Gods